About me and my blog

viernes, 7 de febrero de 2014

The blowing wind and the relentless sun

My 14 month old is about to start walking and this made me feel kind of nostalgic today. It was another early spring two years ago when my -now- 3 year-old girl started walking.
The beginning of spring always feels special to me. It brings back the memory of the cool touch of the mist on bare arms on early mornings linked to a foreboding feeling that the sun would shine all day. And indeed it shined. The smell of dew on the fresh grass of March and the sight of the first almond trees in bloom.
We saw the first almond tree blossoms yesterday afternoon.
Spring strikes February... early, isn't it? And still, I dream. The first child delighted in her very first steps and I was way over the moon, entering a new, precious stage when I got pregnant again.
Two springs afterwards the second child is going to start walking any second and I feel the passing of time as change yet persistence. The blowing wind and the relentless sun.

1 comentario:

  1. These big milestones bring such a mix of emotions, don't they? What an exciting conquest for A. It will be an exciting spring in more ways than one, I'm sure!

    Here at the moment it feels like winter will be never ending, so I'm a bit jealous of your blossoms!

    ResponderEliminar