About me and my blog

martes, 13 de noviembre de 2012

Home-made watercolors

M really likes painting, coloring, and experimenting with paint, so the other day I set up an activity that cost me close to nothing and that turned out really successful. 
We made home-made watercolors. We had never tried it before and it was really simple. First, I gave M a dropper full of water and a plastic egg box. She experimented with the dropper a little bit, then accepted my help. We would otherwise have had way too much water in each hole.
We then added a little bit of cinnamon, orange and green food coloring, turmeric, and curry, and we had nice watercolors to paint with!

Do you have any favorite home-made paint recipes or painting ideas? I would really like to hear!!

2 comentarios:

  1. Those colors look lovely! We have done painting with spices, but it's difficult to get a good range of colors. We had fun over the past several weeks making watercolors with things we collected outdoors - I made a lovely pink with pokeberries (very carefully since they're poisonous), and a brown from acorns. I keep meaning to collect things that will produce other colors. I'll have to try that soon!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hey, I just come from the garden and, copying your idea, I guess we could try and make pistachio green watercolor with the dust our big fir tree is giving off. Many thanks for the inspiration. So much I have been complaining about this dust!!!

    ResponderEliminar